Thursday, December 31, 2009

Updated Studio

Just finished setting up my Christmas gift, a Creation Station studio desk in the new home studio. It was a breeze to set up considering I'm not a fan of DIY furniture assembly.

With this updated, streamlined setup I have a dedicated PC (3 GB RAM, dual-core Pentium 3 ghz, ole Windoze XP) running Pro Tools M-Powered v8 to dual 19" monitors (Acer and Samsung). The monitors are not quite matched, but it works fine for now. There's just enough room for the M-Audio AV40 studio monitors on the top shelf, which sound great actually slightly too bassy in this room. Also included are BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro headphones (which I love) as well as a M-Audio Oxygen8 MIDI controller. The digital interface is a M-Audio Fast Track MobilePre due for an upgrade, and there's the trusty Samson mixer functioning as a headphone amp.

I'm already appreciating the cleaner setup, the desk and layout really are comfortable and I have a feeling I will spending alot more time in the studio!

Next step: researching acoustic treatment and dampening techniques.



No comments: