Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Signs of Hope

Finally reviewing a draft of the press release for my new CD, feeling a little like the calm before the storm. On the other hand, it's been complete for a couple weeks and I'm not exactly getting stopped in the street for autographs haha. Seems safe to assume this blog is falling on deaf ears too right now but trying to get into a good habit with posting regularly. There's mention in the press release of an upcoming "national tour" which is news to me...lots of excitement ahead this fall to be sure.

Spent most of the day learning "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley embarrassed to admit. The chord changes are a little harder than I thought and I still don't have the chorus down but it's getting there. There are so many open mic-type events that it would be good for me to have a larger repertoire of acoustic solo numbers.

This week's non-music reading looks to be a hefty report called "The Gulag in North Korea." As a long-time independent leftie, I feel qualified to state that the US liberal/left is totally snoozing on this one and it's an issue Bush is bound to focus on to distract attention from Iraq...On a side note I was shocked at how fast my printer (Canon C84) was spitting out the report in draft mode, took maybe 1/2 second a page very cool.

Let the the tooth fairies smile upon me this week so this throbbing from my recent root filling finally goes away.

No comments: